PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketROBSTEN FANATICS!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

More Rob and Kristen Interviews

Rob and Kristen interview with Italy's Sky Cine News

Rob

Kristen

Thanks robert-pattinson.it for the translation
Rob spoke about Cosmopolis / David Cronenberg: “At first I was terrified, but it was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. It ‘really nice to work with Cronenberg, is sure of itself, does not make you many pressures. My character has extreme attitudes: like me. or I’m fine or I’m devastated! “

Rob on Breaking Dawn: “Breaking Dawn is my second favorite movie after Twilight, which will be the most important has changed my life! When Kristen came close to the altar terrified, I suddenly felt the weight of the situation, like a real marriage! “

Source video.sky.it Via robpattinson Via thinkingofRob Via twitter Via KstewNews Via Robsten Dreams

Kristen's Interview with Adelaide



THE infamously stroppy Kristen Stewart is no more as the young star discovers there is life after Twilight, Stevie Wong and Neala Johnson report.

That famed sourpuss expression? It's gone.

Today's Kristen Stewart - 21 and soon to leave behind the Twilight franchise that changed her life - seems less inhibited, more open. She has a glow, if you will, where previously there was a pout.

So what's going on?
“Honestly, it’s not that I’m more willing to share, it’s just that I’m more able to,” Stewart says. “I wasn’t really able to express myself. I’ve just gotten a little bit more comfortable. You learn by experience, that’s all. It’s a really simple answer.”

Thankfully, this does not mean the young actor is apologetic … or any less rambling … or any less forthright when she does get to the point.

“I was scared,” she explains of her demeanour with the media. “I didn’t want to seem like so many people that I’d seen that just … bleugh … I was too preoccupied with how I didn’t wanna seem, so I wasn’t necessarily always myself.”

So who is Stewart nowadays, after bringing in $1.8 billion at the worldwide box office and on the eve of the release of the second-last Twilight film, Breaking Dawn – Part 1?

After starting acting before she even hit double figures, she is an unlikely veteran and an unconventional new Hollywood power player. Yet she still prefers to trade under the blue-collar “working actor” label.

“It’s how you approach it while you’re actually working, what you think your job is,” she explains. “I know everyone says, ‘Well, all the press stuff is half the job, you can’t discredit this side of it’. It’s like, no, absolutely not. But this … ” – she gestures into the air, indicating everything from promotional duties to trappings of celebrity – “Doesn’t. Matter. To. Me. At. All.

“Like, genuinely, I could do it (acting) myself in the dark … as long as I was working with the same people that I’m working with now,” she laughs.

Stewart’s “now” is Snow White and the Huntsman, a Lord of the Rings-style epic shooting in the UK in which she plays a warrior Snow White to Aussie Chris Hemsworth’s hunky Huntsman.

When she met Hit earlier this week, she was sporting a bandage on her wrist – a torn ligament the result of some over-exuberance on set.

“I hurt myself doing a fight scene with some dwarfs.”

That’s not something you get to say every day.

“I know! It is a high-contact sport, this movie. It’s full-on every day. I bruised the top of my foot just running. This ligament pull was really bad. Every day I come back I have bruises literally from here to here.

“But it’s only because I go crazy, I lose my mind as soon as we start.”

Indeed, the wall of indie slacker around Stewart is starting to crack under the weight of her emerging inner action heroine.

“It is fun,” she admits with a grin. “In Breaking Dawn, the second one, I fight huuuuuuuge men, I mean, I’m incredibly strong. There is nothing more gratifying than putting your hand out and having a stunt guy fly off of it … Oh yeah, I’m super strong!”

If her “now” is Snow White, Stewart’s “then” is almost the vampires and werewolves of the Twilight world. Breaking Dawn Part 1 opens next week. Part 2 will follow a year later. By then, the world will have already seen her as Snow White, and she will have moved on even further.

But her attachment to her Twilight co-stars will remain. Robert Pattinson for obvious, on-off reasons. Taylor Lautner because she took her once-spindly co-star under her wing.

Stewart laughingly lays claim to being the making of action-hero-in-training Lautner, after the teenager had to fight to retain his role in the second Twilight movie.

“I like taking credit for stuff so I was like, ‘Yeah, my boy!’,” she shouts, punching the air. “It’s funny because he’s got his answers down and everything, but he gets nervous, he’s just really good at hiding it. Me and Taylor are really good friends. It feels funny to say I mentored him. I haven’t.”

It’s apt that she brings up Lautner’s media savvy. The three Twilight leads are a study in diversity – Lautner is the ultimate pro, Stewart awkward and uncomfortable, Englishman Pattinson somewhere in the middle.

“Actors have this really weird position – their jobs are wrapped up in their personal lives,” Stewart says. “Not just personal lives as in, ‘Who are you dating?’, but my life is my job, I love it.

“You can’t always be so candid. I definitely learnt from Rob, he really shines when he’s just funny. He’s so appealing in a general way – like I’ve see him on TV and I go, ‘Hmmph, you’re like really good on TV!’.

“And Taylor, he’s very sincere, yet he gives very standard answers – but he means them so they work. I always mean what I say, but sometimes it’s a little stumbly … “

Yet, even through the sourpuss days, Stewart’s realness was a big part of her appeal. She’s a normal girl in a fantastical world.

That goes for the people around her, too. Not for her a gaggle of kowtowing “friends” bringing her sparkling water at the snap of a finger.

“People start doing that when that’s what you want,” she says. “It is crazy that some people have that energy that demands other people to be submissive. I’ve seen that and I don’t think that I have that.”

Even the money that comes with success (her salary for both Breaking Dawns adds up to $25 million plus a percentage of gross) doesn’t seem to have changed Stewart’s relationship with her “people”; though she still remembers the moment she realised she could support her whole family, and then some.

“You get tastes of that as an actor before you even reach this ridiculous level. I’m very lucky, my parents are very successful and happy and love what they do and continue to work. I have one biological brother, but I’ve taken people under the wing and I just can’t imagine if I couldn’t do that.

“So on that level, absolutely, it’s life-changing in a really weird way – when you’re 21 years old it’s almost a little too much.

“I hate money, I can’t even handle … Not that that’s even interesting for people to know, but I do. Yeeuch. It’s a huge responsibility, is what I’m saying”

“You reach this level of success and it’s not just about the money, I mean, so many people look to you … Right now I just feel very young and wide-eyed, but that’s – not to be totally lame – why I think Brad Pitt and Angie (Jolie) and all those people are f—ing phenomenal people, they’re not sitting on a mountain of money … It’s very cool.”

Stewart clearly won’t be content with doing the expected. Case in point: instead of diving back into the relative obscurity of indie films along the lines of Adventureland and The Runaways for her first post-Twilight Saga role, she went the other way – signing up for a blockbuster and potential trilogy in the shape of Snow White.

“I know, it’s weird, that was not what I would have expected from myself, but it goes along with what I’ve always said about how I choose things – I don’t choose things, they choose me,” she says.

“It’s a gut-instinct thing, it’s a compulsion, it’s some weird responsibility that I have to these people I play and I found it in this thing. It really was by chance that it was a huge Universal movie with Thor.”

Yet she’s taken to that hugeness like a fish to water – or, in this case, like an armour-plated princess to a horse. This “working actor” may soon be doing a whole lot more behind-the-scenes moving and shaking.

“It’s funny, I’ve always been such a ‘working actor’, I do like to be an employee. Especially because I started so young, I’ve always just loved following directors. I’ve always really liked the responsibility that’s been given me. But now that I’ve gotten a little bit older …

“I’ve had little experiences on Snow White that have been so amazingly, for lack of a better word, fulfilling. I have (the director’s) ear, we’re really working together and I’ve never really been so creatively involved …

“I can’t wait to have more say.”
Source adelaidenow Via kstewartnews Via Robsten Dreams

Rob's Interview with Josh Horowitz for MTV

lesigh by RPLife
Thanks for posting this
Via RPLife Via Robsten Dreams

Rob's interview with E Talk (Part 2)




Source shows.ctv.ca Via twitter Via robpattinson Via Robsten Dreams

Rob's Interview with Mikrogids

British actor Robert Pattinson can not complain about his succes. Especially because of his role in the vampire series Twilight Saga, Part 1 – which will be broadcast wednesday (on Dutch tv), he grew into a world star. Nevertheless, he still considers his fame as strange. ”Many people go insane when they become famous,” he told us in an exclusive interview.

There is a long line of fences around the luxurious L’hotel Amigo in the heart of Brussels, heavily guarded by soldiers and men with earpieces. The group of young people in front of the fences is growing rapidly. They’re all looking forward to meeting Robert Pattinson (25), who is doing a European promotional tour in honor of his latest Twilight Saga movie: Breaking Dawn Part 1 (in Dutch cinemas next Wednesday). Unfortunately for them, the actor is kept pretty occupied inside. He will only meet his Belgian fans that same evening at a special fan event. ‘Who knows, maybe they all look like Tintin’, the actor says laughing.

Suppressed emotions



Fans – the young world star has had to deal with them a lot. And in Europe they’re not too bad, he says knowingly. ”The further south you go on the globe, the more intense it becomes. In Brazil, everyone wants to touch and hug you, and so they’re all storming at you by the hundreds, without realizing how frightening that is. Especially if you’re a loner by nature, like me.”

Pattinson – just finished with filming Cosmopolis, directed by David Cronenberg – looks more bearded then in his Twilight films, but also relaxed and cheerful. The word “brooding” is used frequently in the press to describe his looks, which is certainly not applicable. Even though demonstrating a hefty dose of typically British self-mockery, he does hide a brooding nature underneath. ”In public, I hardly ever show feelings,” he explains. ”That’s what happens when everything you do is put under a magnifying glass. But if you’ve spent some time hiding behind your public mask, and you’re back in your own environment, then all that suppressed emotions still has to be set loose. As a result you are going to behave like a nutcase. I think thats why so many people who are famous go nuts, haha. “

Angry parents

That won’t take flight with him, but Pattinson does remarkably little effort to disguise his inner abyss. ”People often ask me if I recognize myself in Edward Cullen (Twilight protagonist of the series), they’re referring to” Edward who is so perfect,” he notes.” While all I see is a guy who has become prey of doubt and loathing. He hates himself. But then I think maybe that’s just all my own negative projection… “

So much success should come with a little more confidence, you might think. Pattinson sighs deeply. ”That’s what my parents get mad about as well. In their eyes I should be happy with what I have accomplished. But I will never think that my success has something to do with my personal accomplishments. It was pure luck, and it just happened to me. In fact, I am still trying to find out what exactly happened to me, and what to do with it all. In any case I am not going to hang out and relax on the beach because I have enough money now. Quite the contrary. My ambition has only grown.”

Extreme nightmare

His image as a modern romantic hero doesn’t mean anything to him. Pattinson wants to prove himself as an actor. ”But only to myself and my friends,” he warns. ”If you derive from the security view of the general public, you;re digging your own grave. Online numerous people are already do their best to bring me down. “

When asked if Breaking Dawn Part 1 has given him enough opportunity to show off his acting talent, he replies grinning: “That remains to be seen. After the first part of the series it has become mostly Bella’s story. In the book Edward is mainly worried and on the sidelines. So I added a few things to keep it interesting for the audience. With that I’m not saying that the film isn’t exciting, because it most certainly is. Author Stephenie Meyer gone all out in this last part. It’s one big nightmare, more violent and extreme than I ever thought possible. “

Bed scene

The fans probably already know: In Breaking Dawn Part 1 Edward and Bella get married, and during the honeymoon Bella becomes pregnant. A disaster is about to unfold, as she is human and he is a vampire. Meanwhile, we may conclude that the subject of the series has become more mature. Pattinson nods. ”In the previous movies, sex was avoided, and that’s no longer the case” No, he did not invent the sex scene by himself. ”Don’t be ridiculous. Sex on a film set is by definition stupid. And on top of that you just know that in this case all the fans have formed their own idea about that scene. So you need to live up to it somewhat. But meanwhile everyone is on all over it, because it cannot be too realistic in relation to the low age of the cinema audience. I’ve never been on a filmset and been told by so many people how to behave in bed ‘

Via ThinkingofRob Via robpattinson Via Robsten Dreams


Interview with Cine Premiere (Breaking Dawn Special Issue)

Looking pale but awake, Rob apologizes, “I drank so much coffee this morning I might have vomited”. He’s sporting a new haircut, “It’s for my next movie. I had to cut it randomly. I thought about shaving it off, but I thought of only cutting one part, and I liked it so much in the end, that I kept it.” Always with a big smile on his face, and laughing through most of the interview, the superstar shares his thoughts on the finale of the saga that catapulted him to fame.

Analyzing Edward, do you think he’s a week guy? Is he too passive at times, eventhough inside he feels this great passion and love? He’s very romantic too, how do you see him?

I think he’s helpless. I’ve always thought – and if you pay close attention to the character you can see it too – that he’s a guy that has been so lonely for so long that he goes crazy, and that’s why he is the way that he is. That’s all I can think of, whenever I think about him in the first three movies, and how he finds himself more in each movie. It was interesting reading the fourth book, because I didn’t agree with most of his actions. I didn’t like the way he behaved. In the previous books you could understand the reasons behind his actions, and even sympathize with him, but I was not getting him at all in this movie “Why are you doing this?! You’re a whimp!” I really didn’t understand him, and it was fun trying to legitimize those weird actions, and it was an interesting way to close the saga for me. I guess he becomes more of a hero in Part 2 for the first time, though it’s Bella who saves him all the time, for once. But it’s interesting how he’s more impulsive and selfish in Part 1, which makes him go crazy. And in the first movie he’s always orchestrating everything.

Can you talk about what happens in Part 1 and Part 2?


It’s a little unusual, because it’s almost as if this story is about getting married, and I’m playing the girl. I’m the woman obsessed with getting married, and the guy doesn’t want to and she wants everything to be perfect and everything ends up being crap, and she’s disappointed… I’m playing the disappointed bride! It’s so weird, it’s the same thing; in his mind he has a contingency plan for every situation, and he’s going to marry the love of his life and everything is all planned out. She will become a vampire after. But then they have a baby and everything is turned upside down, and he loses his mind. It’s weird playing that version of Edward. He’s so confused and crazy, because in previous movies he’s always collected and in control, he restricts himself, blah blah, and now he’s got nothing, and he goes crazy because he loses that control, he has sex and that shocks him so much to the point that he blames himself for everything, and it’s bigger than everything else that has happened in the saga.

Have you observed a lot of married people? Sounds like you’ve seen too many desperate brides and reluctant grooms.

I know the clichés! I’ve only been to one or two weddings in my life. I’ve been to so many funerals though.

Where were you swimming? They showed a clip at Comic-Con.

That was shot in the Caribbean. They wanted to shoot in Canada, in the middle of winter. I was like, “No way that is happening!” It was fun. A little ridiculous having to do this in the ocean, and trying to look like a statue, but I had to be far enough where it was already deep, so there were two people at the bottom holding a box. If you look closely, you can see that I’m kind of swining. I told Bill, “Please don’t use that take, I look like an inflatable sausage!”.

A girl at Comic-Con asked you about your pecs, did you work out for that?

Yes, I tried not to think about it. Because in the book Edward’s body is described as “chiseled”, blah blah, and I managed to not take my shirt off the entire series like Taylor. I thought it objectified the men or whatever, and I said “No way! I won’t take my shirt off and I will not work out!”, but then I thought “What the heck, it’s the final movie”.

Did you become addicted to it? Collin Farrel once told us that he replaces all his vices with excercise.

No, I didn’t trade my vices. I worked out until I had to take my shirt off, but the next day I stopped. Literally, I stopped. It’s too boring to me.

What did Bill Condon bring to the franchise? You’ve had a different director for each movie. How was Bill like?

I think he understands the humor in the story, and how silly some of the situations are. He’s not afraid to get close to that stuff, unlike David Slade who wanted everything to be so serious like a traditional, scary vampire movie, and I think Chris Weitz would’ve looked for that humor too, but he had the most depressing sequel, where there was no humor at all. Only the first third of that movie is light.

What about filming two movies at once?

For me it was easy because my character doesn’t change so much. For Taylor and Kristen it was hard because they were working with 260 pages. It’s hard to know what you’re doing the next day, and there were days when we filmed scenes for the first movie and scenes for the second movie, and very different scenes they were.

Did you enjoy seeing Kristen getting her vampire make up done for once?

Yes! Because all this time she’s been wearing black contact lenses for Bella, and she said it was so easy. But that’s because ours were painted and they’re super uncomfortable. As soon as she put them on she was all, “You can’t see anything! You think you’re doing something and your face is not showing those emotions!”

You were more tired back then. How does it compare to making movies where you’re friends with everybody, to making a new movie where you don’t know anyone? Is it refreshing?

Yes, sometimes nerves are the best part of doing a new movie, and the more comfortable and familiar you are with everything on a movie set, the easier it is to let go of those nerves, and that’s something that has worried me about working in Twilight. But I’m always doing a scene with Kristen and she will never take a scene lightly, een just for herself, for her own ego, she wil, always try to do the best job pssible, and that keeps me alert. Als, what happens when you’re about to film a scene with people you’ve known for years, you start talking and you don’t mind. I just did Cosmopolis, and there’s so many great actors involved, and the environment is so different. I’ve never been so nervous than when I did the first take, the first rehearsal.

More in Twilight Poison Via Robsten Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment